Hair Loss/Telogen effuvlium

Question
QUESTION: Hi, in terms of regrowth of the hair in telogen effluvium, what are the chances of incomplete regrowth as some say regrowth isn't fully complete? why is this?

ANSWER: Hello Ali,

I do not understand the question.  Please be more specific?

Thanks.

QUESTION: Hi, I was referring to the fact that after hair is lost due to TE, why for some people does some of the hair grow back not all?

Answer
Hi Ali,

There is much not fully known as to the causes for TE but the end result for those that do NOT reverse these effects is due to the fact that the majority of hairs are caught (for some reason) in the Telogen Phase for abnormally long periods.  Without the proper time line in the various Growth Phases, it appears that the Scalp is thinning.  There is a good informative site:  http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-loss/effluviums   

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou