Hair Loss/Dry scales

Question
Hello,
I have dry hair hair and recently I noticed small,
Non itchy scales and crust above the right and left side of my scalp above my temples,
Pls advise on the remedy
Hair loss is minimal
I am a 55 yr old diabetic woman
Thanx

Answer
The most common cause of scales and crust on the side of the scalp and temples is Seborrheic Dermatitis. This is commonly known as dandruff and is associated with whitish scales which are seen on clothing on the shoulders. There are a number of good shampoos but I suggest you try Head and Shoulders 2 in 1 which has a conditioner it it for the dryness. If you don't like the feel of that shampoo then try Selsun Blue. Both shampoos are available most everywhere.
At this website you can see photos of what Seborrheic Dermatitis can look like. You have a very minor case so don't worry that this is going to spread all over.  http://dermnet.org.nz/dermatitis/seborrhoeic-dermatitis.html

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>