Hair Loss/Hair regrowth

Question
Hello. I have been experiencing diffuse hair shedding and thinning since March. I've always had super fine and thin hair. I never had a lot of hair so the shedding has hit it hard. Around June I noticed my hair strands were more fine and weightless, like they just float around and make my hair look frizzy. This is the case all over my head though, not just in one area.

My bloodwork showed I had  anemia and  ferritin level of 4. Since taking iron pills and using Rogaine I have seen some new growth. However these hairs are also growing in very weak and can be pulled out easily with little effort.  

My question is, could this change in my hair texture be from the low iron? I know with AGA hair grows in thinner, but I am only 23 and doesn't it affect mostly the top part areas? I've heard that hair might need to go through a few cycles to grow in normally again.

Answer
Low iron/ferritin is highly associated with hair loss. Some experts recommend getting ferritin levels up to 70 to initiate healthy hair growth when hair loss is an issue. Yes, iron deficiency can cause texture changes and miniaturization. It can even cause hair to lighten in color. It is important to determine why you are deficient in iron, especially if your dietary intake seems adequate. Getting your iron/ferritin levels up should help your hair growth. Striving for a ferritin level of 70 to initiate growth, and once healthy growth is established--a level of 40 to maintain healthy hair growth. It may take three to six months to see noticeable improvements.
It is also important to make sure your diet is adequate in other nutrients needed to maintain healthy hair growth.
Your hair loss does not sound like AGA.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig
Understanding Female Hair Loss
http://www.vzbotanicals.com/overcomefemalehairloss.html

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig