Hair Loss/hairloss

Question
Hello my son 24  has been on lamotrigine 200mg for 2 yrs.For seizure disorder. 3 months ago his girlfriend of 2yrs broke -up with him then 2 weeks later his grandfather died . Recently his hair has stared to fall out, all over his head . A noticeable amount.Could it be from the medication, or TE? When will it stop falling if it is fr. TE ? Its been 1 month of falling.

Answer
Hello Ami,

It is impossible to answer your question from info provided by email but I do not think you would be surprised to find that Stress can be the underlying cause or at the very least a trigger for a great many ailments INCLUDING accelerated hair loss.  I would definitely have his Dermatologist run a few tests to help identify the cause(s).

Good Luck.

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou