Hair Loss/excessive hair loss

Respected madam,
  I am a 31 year old Indian with a 5 year old son.Have been suffering from excessive hair loss since past few months.
Patches have started forming, density has almost gone.A huge number of strands fall daily. No gynaecological / thyroid problem.tried minoxidil 2 earlier. M using Q Sera lotion along with Avitin 7 tablets now.
Please guide me

The main type of hair loss that causes bald patches is alopecia areata. Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disorder. Alopecia areata can cause excessive shedding in addition to the bald patches you describe. With alopecia areata the bald pathces will be smooth and completely void of hair. There are also other less common types of patchy hair loss. It is very important to determine what type of hair loss you are experiencing as treatment will depend on this.  Have you had your scalp and hair examined by a specialist that may be able to determine what type of hair loss you are experiencing? Feel free to send additional information so I may help you further.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Female hair loss is my main focus. Women today are very susceptible to several types of hair loss including telogen effluvium, alopecia areata, and androgenetic alopecia. I can answer questions about the causes and types of female hair loss. I can share information about natural holistic remedies to improve female hair loss conditions.

My interest in female hair loss sprung from my own experience with extensive hair loss. Determined to grow my hair back, I diligently studied every piece of information I could find on the biology of hair growth. After successfully re-growing my hair with safe and effective natural products, I felt compelled to learn more and to share this information with other women. I am experienced in blending custom hair loss formulas. I am also experienced in writing about female hair loss issues.

My hair loss information has been included in The Truth about Womens Hair Loss by Spencer Kobren, Naturally Healthy Skin by Stephanie Tourles, Alternative Healing by Bill Gottleib and Natural Health Magazine. I am the author of several books on hair loss.

I am a certified aromatherapist specializing in formulas for scalp and hair conditions.