Hair Loss/Hair loss

QUESTION: Hi madam
I am a 38 year old woman .I am so much worried about my hair loss. All most all of the hair from the top of my  head has gone, and my scalp is now fully seeing and I am feeling so shy to go outside. It is not that much going from sides or back of my head, the problem is top of my head and front side looking like bald headed. I can only very few small hairs on top of my head. I have done my thyroid test and it was normal. Please give me suitable advise, which doctor I have to do consultation for this   problem &which are the test I have to do for finding my  severe hair loss. please please give me a solution for this problem.  Thanking you Indu

ANSWER: Please tell me more about your condition. Did your hair loss happen gradually or rapidly? Did you notice excessive daily shedding? Is your hair still shedding excessively? How long have you been experiencing hair loss? Are there areas of complete baldness? Is the hair loss only on top of head or are other areas affected as well? The answers to these questions will help me get a better picture of what you might be experiencing.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig

In response of your quiery regarding more about my hair loss, my hair loss had happened gradually but with in these 3 years i noticed this much hair loss which has been seen top  of my scalp. I can not seen any excessive shedding while combing my hair, but  I don't know how the scalp is seeing.I can notice that my hair strands are very very thin  .No areas are there with complete baldness, too much hair loss from top of the head& and I think it is affecting other areas also
.I am not taking any medicine.
Sincerely ,Indu

Androgenetic alopecia is the most common type of hair loss that causes individual hairs, mostly on the top of head to become thinner and thinner, providing less scalp coverage. This is a slow and gradual process.
Androgenetic alopecia is also known as female pattern hair loss. Female pattern hair loss does not cause total baldness. It is not as progressive or severe as male pattern baldness. The description of your condition sounds like it may be androgenetic alopecia. Have you received any type of diagnosis yet?
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Female hair loss is my main focus. Women today are very susceptible to several types of hair loss including telogen effluvium, alopecia areata, and androgenetic alopecia. I can answer questions about the causes and types of female hair loss. I can share information about natural holistic remedies to improve female hair loss conditions.

My interest in female hair loss sprung from my own experience with extensive hair loss. Determined to grow my hair back, I diligently studied every piece of information I could find on the biology of hair growth. After successfully re-growing my hair with safe and effective natural products, I felt compelled to learn more and to share this information with other women. I am experienced in blending custom hair loss formulas. I am also experienced in writing about female hair loss issues.

My hair loss information has been included in The Truth about Womens Hair Loss by Spencer Kobren, Naturally Healthy Skin by Stephanie Tourles, Alternative Healing by Bill Gottleib and Natural Health Magazine. I am the author of several books on hair loss.

I am a certified aromatherapist specializing in formulas for scalp and hair conditions.