Hair Loss/Hair loss

Question
Hi, I'm 20 year old male. I had hair loss for 2 years. Now hair is thin on my forehead and top. No one is bald in my family. I consulted a dermatologist who prescribed Keratex hair oil, xtraglo tablets and alodew shampoo. Broken hair has white color at the end. Will I get my hair back to previous intensity?
Will using minoxidil help? I heard that if we use minoxidil we should use it lifelong, or hair grown will be lost, is it so for my case?

Answer
I am afraid I can be of little help in evaluating the three products you are currently using as they do not exist in the USA and there I have read nothing about them. I did find some ingredients listed when I went online to find out what is in them. I could find nothing which I thought would help with hair loss due to early male pattern baldness. I do not know what condition your dermatologist is treating. There could be hair loss from having a hair follicle infection due to bacteria or fungi but I found nothing in the list of ingredients to suggest they would help those conditions.

KERATEX Hair-topical oil: bacopa monnieri 3.75 mL, celastrus paniculatus oil 0.5 mL, nardostachys jatamansi 0.5 mL.
XTRAGLO film-coated tab: biotin 5 mg, L- methionine 40 mg, l-cysteine 100 mg.
Alodew shampoo contains aloe-

I would suggest using minodidil 5% twice a day for six months to see if you can bring back recently lost hair.  If you can then at that point you can decide whether you want to continue its use.
 Male Pattern Baldness can be inherited from your mother and she from her mother so it is possible you have inherited baldness genes which would respond best to taking 1mg Finasteride daily = Finpecia in India.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>