Hair Loss/question for you

Question
me and my daughter\'s part
me and my daughter's p  
I have this daughter who has TONS of hair, just lots of density, but it makes me very hair paranoid.  Just wondering, if, although I know she has more hair than me,but does my part look like a normal head of hair?? I get my perspective all off, looking at her head all the time!! Thanks  I'm on the right!

Answer
It is difficult to determine if a hair loss condition is present through your photo. Have you noticed that you part seems to be widening? Or is it just that you are comparing to you daughter? With female patten hair loss, only the center part will widen. The side parts will not appear as wide as the center part. If this true in your case, it may be beginning signs of androgenetic alopecia. Androgenetic alopecia is a slow process causing certain hairs (mostly on top of head) to gradually become thinner and thinner, providing less scalp coverage. If you have noticed an increase in daily shedding a different condition may be present. Feel free to send more information.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig