Hair Loss/Hair thinning and hair loss

Hello Doc,

I've been asking you many types of hair loss question. Latest you gave me suggestion on using Finasteride. But after treatment of 5% Minoxidil for 1 year, she has now prescribed me Bioexidil (Capixyl) treatment which is still not giving pleasant effect, as of week gone by now. Is it more effective than Minoxidil? Because i think Minoxidil was giving fine results, or Capixyl requires time? Please suggest me what to do or what should i tell my doctor? Thank You.

Dear Gaurav,

I do not recall your question nor my response concerning Finasteride. I am unsure whether you are taking BOTH Minoxidil and Capixyl (and what about Finasteride)???  I do not believe that Capixyl is as effective as the other 2 (drugs).  There are many peptide and/or Natural Extract combinations that purport to help. I would also certainly advise that 1 week is not nearly enough to determine the efficacy of ANY product.  With hair growth/regrowth issues it is usually recommended to stick to a particular program or product for 3-6 months.

Please answer the above question and I will try to help as much as possible.

Best Regards.

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou

Questions Pertaining to Hair Loss; Hair Growth Rates; Unwanted Hair and most Hair related issues, for both men and women. Issues that pertain to causes, possible solutions, etc.

Over 20 years in the Study, Manufacture and Marketing of Non Drug/non medicinal or procedural Solutions to Hair Related issues.

President of Nisim International. Over 2 decades of working with many Top Tier Researchers and Scientists in developing some of the World's most effective and Safe Products for Hair.

Well known Hair Care Brands sold in over 40 Countries World Wide, both Professionally and at Retail.