Hair Loss/Hair Loss

Hair loss
Hair loss  
I have been experiencing hair loss for 10 months. 8 months prior I found out I had fibroids and for about 1.5 had very heavy & frequent periods....many times 2x per mo.  Additionally, I went through a 2 month period of emotional stress and  lost about 6 pounds prior to the onset of my hair falling out. After my hair started falling out in June 2012 I lost a few more pounds and suffered several more months of emotional upset...which made my periods worse.  In September I had an Ablation and stopped my periods.  I have been on iron tablets in August as well as biotin, vitamin d, b, c, lysine, Omega 900, E, NAC and K pax. I've gained 15 pounds, work out and only have emotional upset over my hair loss which I am controlling better.
I have been to at least 10 doctors of every variety and have no real answers. I have tested negative for everything under the sun, other than low ferritin of 14 in July 2013...which has increased to 80 as of December. Still.....there has been NO improvement in my hair loss...

I don't understand why I am not seeing any improvement and I just feel like giving up.

Any time the body is experiencing changes, disturbances or imbalances telogen effluvium can occur. The body's built-in healing system sends all it's energy to the areas in need of repair. The hair being "non-essential" gets ignored and often suffers. With telogen effluvium the hair growth cycle gets disrupted, sending more than the usual amounts of hair to the resting (telogen) phase where they will then be shed within three months. Your body has been through a lot. As you heal all the underlying issues the hair growth cycle should begin to return to normal.
Increasing and maintaining your ferritin levels, as you have is very important when trying to restore hair growth. It sounds like you are doing all the right things by increasing your physical and emotional health.
Essential oil scalp treatments can help stimulate new hair growth and improve quality of existing hair. You can learn more about essential oils for hair growth at my website.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Female hair loss is my main focus. Women today are very susceptible to several types of hair loss including telogen effluvium, alopecia areata, and androgenetic alopecia. I can answer questions about the causes and types of female hair loss. I can share information about natural holistic remedies to improve female hair loss conditions.

My interest in female hair loss sprung from my own experience with extensive hair loss. Determined to grow my hair back, I diligently studied every piece of information I could find on the biology of hair growth. After successfully re-growing my hair with safe and effective natural products, I felt compelled to learn more and to share this information with other women. I am experienced in blending custom hair loss formulas. I am also experienced in writing about female hair loss issues.

My hair loss information has been included in The Truth about Womens Hair Loss by Spencer Kobren, Naturally Healthy Skin by Stephanie Tourles, Alternative Healing by Bill Gottleib and Natural Health Magazine. I am the author of several books on hair loss.

I am a certified aromatherapist specializing in formulas for scalp and hair conditions.