Hair Loss/itchy

Question
Plz i have itchy eyebrows almost two mnth very itchy and they fall out so easy wen ithchy i see small rash after they disappear . No dandruf. I try nizarol shampoor to wash it,  daktacort and hydrotisone and still they fall and itchy. Plz any idea wat i can use. Have appointment with dermatology April

Answer
Most cases of itch eyebrows are due to seborrheic dermatitis and rubbing the eyebrows could be enough reason for them to fall out.  The current treatment normally would make seborrheic dermatitis look and feel better. If you could send a photo it would help in making the diagnosis.  Until then I'd try rubbing a little Nizoral shampoo into to area where you have the rash and leave it on for 10 minutes before washing it off and then apply the daktacort cream - do this twice a day or even three times a day.  It should get better in just three or four days.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>