Hair Loss/about hair loss

Question
hi ...im 25 yrs old male.. i usually have mild dandruff both oily and dry...due to oily dandruff i lose some hairs...use anti dandruff shampoo too it usually controls my dandruff....
1) i want to know can i use anti dandruff shampoo head and shoulder daily as i have oily hairs....
2) hairs which i lose everyday due to dandruff white flakes oily at end...fter how many days will it grow back from same follicle

thxx

Answer
It is rare to lose hair due to dandruff. Many people who have both think there is a correlation since both conditions are common there are many who do have both. The DAILY use of 1% zinc pyrithione Shampoo such as Head and Shoulders or Nizoral 1 or 2% ketoconizole Shampoo may help not just your dandruff but may also slow down inherited male pattern baldness. Both of these shampoos have been found to lower the DHT in the hair follicles which helps to lower the amount of oil produced and to block the hair from losing hair due to stimulation of the Androgen Receptor sites which cause baldness.
So you can treat both issues by daily shampooing- alternate them-zinc pyrithione one day and ketoconizole shampoo the next.

It is normal to lose 50 to 100 hairs per day. You can read about normal hair cycles in my book
"Hair Loss Answers"-- you can read it for free on my website
http://www.hairdoc.com/hair-loss-anwers/chapter-2-normal-hair-growth/

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>