Hair Loss/Avoiding hair loss

Question
Dear Doctor,

Good Afternooon, How are you?
I am a 31 year old Indian male, I have curly & thin hairs, & a slight scalp is there on middle of my head since some time.

How do I grow hair on the scalp & thicken my hairs & prevent further damage.

What would be the remedy for this?

Regards
Adnan

Answer
Losing hair on the top of your head at your age is most likely inherited male pattern baldness also known as Androgenetic Alopecia. Because this is due to your male hormones telling your hairs they are growing old the best treatment is to lower the hormone which is doing this. There is a medicine available for the past 15 years known as Propecia or 1mg Finasteride. In India it is available also as Finpecia. Most doctors can prescribe this medication but it is usually dermatologists who treat hair loss and if there was some other reason for the loss a dermatologist could make the diagnosis by just looking at your scalp.
We have found 1mg Finasteride daily will raise your Testosterone level while lowering the DHT level by 66% which is enough to stop balding in 85% of men and even cause regrowth of recently lost hair.  

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>