Hair Loss/Female 37 hair loss

I am very worried about sudden hair loss. I am 37 years old, normally lose my hair in the fall, and as I was recuperating, now losing it also in the spring. I have read several articles explaining why hair loss occurs. I am getting my thyroid levels check the 27th. One culprit I found is too much vitamin A. I have been using a vitamin A cream (100,000 iu per 1 ounce) and spreading it profusely every night on my face. I have been on the pill for more than 15 years and in the last 2 years had little or no periods. I see many people using vitamin A creams losing hair in many forums. My concern is in July I will be attending a wedding, and I don't want to get bald by then! Also, I need to color my hair due to an event I am attending next week. I am planning to put Argan oil prior to that to prevent excess damage. What can I do to prevent more hair loss and encourage rapid growth by July? Every day I eat flax seed, put Argan oil on my scalp at night, wash my hair sparingly as every time I wash I lose more. If I pass my hand through my hair, I collect small strands of long hair, but if I continue at this rate, I will be bald by July! My family doesn't have hair problems, only my dad has since early adulthood that typical round crown missing, but I think that's something only happening to males. I remember getting a very thick pony tail, now fits loosely between my index finger and thumb, soon will be pencil-thin. Anyhow, I am freaking out! Should I buy Rogaine? thanks!

Hello Adry,

Please STOP using oils on your scalp.......these only serve to clog the pores and accellerate hair loss.  DO shampoo regularly as this helps to provide a clean scalp which is necessary for healthy hair growth. Great that you are checking tour Thyroid! The ONLY product that I am aware of, world wide that can increase your RATE of growth is a shampoo/conditioner called FAST.

Good Luck!

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou

Questions Pertaining to Hair Loss; Hair Growth Rates; Unwanted Hair and most Hair related issues, for both men and women. Issues that pertain to causes, possible solutions, etc.

Over 20 years in the Study, Manufacture and Marketing of Non Drug/non medicinal or procedural Solutions to Hair Related issues.

President of Nisim International. Over 2 decades of working with many Top Tier Researchers and Scientists in developing some of the World's most effective and Safe Products for Hair.

Well known Hair Care Brands sold in over 40 Countries World Wide, both Professionally and at Retail.