Hair Loss/Hair Loss & Health

I've been suffering through hair loss for about 3 years now. I had a bout with TE which seems to have triggered AGA. I have been losing hair from the vertex mostly, and only a little on the hair line.

I have tried essential oils, omega-3s, vitamin b12, vitamin d and changes in diet. Changes in diet have mostly been more reduction in sugar, white flour, and more consumption of fruits and vegetables. I do not drink soda, juices or alcohol. I eat a piece of cake once a month. I have always been a vegetarian.

My HDL levels have historically been on the lower side (mostly in the 20s) and my triglycerides have been typically around the 200s. My vitamin b12 level was 400 and vitamin d was at 27 at my last physical. I am 6' 0" and weigh 163 pounds. I understand that AGA has a lot to do with insulin resistance and diabetes.

I am wondering if I change my diet even more and increase more exercise, is there any chance at improving my hair growth? Should I increase my omega-3 intake? Vitamin B12 or D? I really do not want to get on hair loss medications and possibly cause more issues.

Hello Ronak,

This is a great question to pose to your Doctor directly.  Sometimes a Vegetarian diet does lead to innefficiences with certain vitamins/minerals, proteins and Amino Acids.  Great to do a Thyroid test as well.  Regular Exercise and daily scalp massage will help to maximize peripheral blood flow.  Also NOT smoking is a plus (you do not say if this may be a factor?). Also a good deep cleansing shampoo will help to contro/reduce excessive hair loss...I use Nisim Normal to Oily Shampooand it has been great.

Best of Luck

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou

Questions Pertaining to Hair Loss; Hair Growth Rates; Unwanted Hair and most Hair related issues, for both men and women. Issues that pertain to causes, possible solutions, etc.

Over 20 years in the Study, Manufacture and Marketing of Non Drug/non medicinal or procedural Solutions to Hair Related issues.

President of Nisim International. Over 2 decades of working with many Top Tier Researchers and Scientists in developing some of the World's most effective and Safe Products for Hair.

Well known Hair Care Brands sold in over 40 Countries World Wide, both Professionally and at Retail.