Hair Loss/TE and iron

Hi i am recovering from TE, i noticed recently i seem to be sedding long hairs more than usual but i dont seem to be shedding my regrowth hairs or anything. could this be down to iron deficiency my iron is around 50-60 and i am taking iron tablets again. also will this hair grow back in which cases does hair not grow back from iron deficiency and will this effect my telogen regrowth as not all my hairs have come back from this?

It is normal to shed hairs on a daily basis. The fact that you are only shedding long hairs is a good sign. Once a hair grows to it's full potential it will go into the telogen (resting) stage. After resting for approximately three months the hair will be shed, but it will be immediately replaced with a new hair growing from the same follicle. It is considered normal to shed up to 100 hairs per day. Most daily shedding goes unnoticed. With telogen effluvium, especially when it becomes chronic, you can lose hairs of various lengths--not just the hairs that have reached their full growth potential. I wouldn't worry too much if you are only losing longer hairs and if the amount of hair loss is not excessive.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Female hair loss is my main focus. Women today are very susceptible to several types of hair loss including telogen effluvium, alopecia areata, and androgenetic alopecia. I can answer questions about the causes and types of female hair loss. I can share information about natural holistic remedies to improve female hair loss conditions.

My interest in female hair loss sprung from my own experience with extensive hair loss. Determined to grow my hair back, I diligently studied every piece of information I could find on the biology of hair growth. After successfully re-growing my hair with safe and effective natural products, I felt compelled to learn more and to share this information with other women. I am experienced in blending custom hair loss formulas. I am also experienced in writing about female hair loss issues.

My hair loss information has been included in The Truth about Womens Hair Loss by Spencer Kobren, Naturally Healthy Skin by Stephanie Tourles, Alternative Healing by Bill Gottleib and Natural Health Magazine. I am the author of several books on hair loss.

I am a certified aromatherapist specializing in formulas for scalp and hair conditions.