Hair Loss/telogen effulvium in infants

Hi, i wanted to know what age does a person grow all their follicles by and does TE affect dormant hair follicles which have never grown
and can these hair follicles grow like normal?

We are all born with all the follicles we will ever have. The average number of scalp follicles is between 100,000 and 150,000.  Some infant hair loss is normal. It is normal for babies to shed the hair they were born with within the first six months of life. After this initial shed, the baby's normal hair growth cycle will begin. Then each follicle will have it's own independent growth cycle with approximately 90 percent growing hairs and 10 percent shedding hairs.
Feel free to send more information about your baby's hair if you think there may be a hair loss disorder.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Female hair loss is my main focus. Women today are very susceptible to several types of hair loss including telogen effluvium, alopecia areata, and androgenetic alopecia. I can answer questions about the causes and types of female hair loss. I can share information about natural holistic remedies to improve female hair loss conditions.

My interest in female hair loss sprung from my own experience with extensive hair loss. Determined to grow my hair back, I diligently studied every piece of information I could find on the biology of hair growth. After successfully re-growing my hair with safe and effective natural products, I felt compelled to learn more and to share this information with other women. I am experienced in blending custom hair loss formulas. I am also experienced in writing about female hair loss issues.

My hair loss information has been included in The Truth about Womens Hair Loss by Spencer Kobren, Naturally Healthy Skin by Stephanie Tourles, Alternative Healing by Bill Gottleib and Natural Health Magazine. I am the author of several books on hair loss.

I am a certified aromatherapist specializing in formulas for scalp and hair conditions.