Hair Loss/hairloss for 7 months

hello mam. i am a seventeen year old girl. i started having hairloss since december and now it is june. my hair falls out in large numbers and now i can see significant thinning. one doctor said i have chronic telogen effluvium while anathor doctor said i hhave fphl. i dont know what i have. my hair is thinning badly. i took blood tests and my tsh is very slightly more and haemoglobin is 10. i have been using q sera hair serum. topical corticosteroids were used before without any help. i take vitaminand mineral supplements. and i eat well. will this ever stop....i am so young and scared.

Excessive shedding is not a characteristic of female pattern hair loss. With female pattern hair loss you will notice individual hairs on the top of your head becoming thinner and thinner. This is a slow and gradual process. It does not happen suddenly. As the condition progresses, the thinner hairs on the top of head provide less scalp coverage.
Chronic telogen effluvium does cause excessive shedding. The shedding will occur fairly evenly throughout the scalp. Topical corticosteroids are not normally prescribed for telogen effluvium, which may be why they did not work for you. Topical corticosteriod are more often used for alopecia areata or certain scalp disorders such as psoriasis.
With chronic telgoen effluvium it is important to determine the underlying issues(s). Sometimes it is very difficult to pinpoint the exact cause(s). In these cases it is helpful to list every possible symptom you may be having to try to find hidden clues. Include any medications, medical procedures, etc. Think of any changes that may have occurred in the months prior to the shedding. Take a good an honest look at your physical and emotional health to see if there are any changes. Some hidden causes of telogen effluvium include systemic infection such as Candidiasis albicans, chronic low level inflammation, malabsorption of nutrients, food allergy/sensitivity (such as gluten, dairy, etc).
Using essential oil scalp treatments can be helpful to improve hair quality, but to truly solve the condition, the underlying issue must be determined and addressed.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Female hair loss is my main focus. Women today are very susceptible to several types of hair loss including telogen effluvium, alopecia areata, and androgenetic alopecia. I can answer questions about the causes and types of female hair loss. I can share information about natural holistic remedies to improve female hair loss conditions.

My interest in female hair loss sprung from my own experience with extensive hair loss. Determined to grow my hair back, I diligently studied every piece of information I could find on the biology of hair growth. After successfully re-growing my hair with safe and effective natural products, I felt compelled to learn more and to share this information with other women. I am experienced in blending custom hair loss formulas. I am also experienced in writing about female hair loss issues.

My hair loss information has been included in The Truth about Womens Hair Loss by Spencer Kobren, Naturally Healthy Skin by Stephanie Tourles, Alternative Healing by Bill Gottleib and Natural Health Magazine. I am the author of several books on hair loss.

I am a certified aromatherapist specializing in formulas for scalp and hair conditions.