Hair Loss/Hairline question

Question
Hello. I have a high hairline which is a strange shape. I would like it to come forward about a centrimetre. Is there any creams that I could use to do this just so it's shaped better and less high

Thanks
Holly

Answer
Holly,
Trying to bring back hairs over a full centimeter is pretty difficult unless you lost those all those hairs in the past year. If the hair loss is really new then the hairs may be brought back by applying only 1/2 ml of 5% minoxidil lotion to the frontal area twice a day. Hairs which have fallen out and are in their end stage eventually get scarred and once that happens there is no way to wake them up-they are dead and buried.
 Those that fell out recently sometimes stay in a coma for awhile before they get scarred and it is those you may be able to wake up. If you could get many of the hairs to grow then maybe you could fill in the irregularities with a FUE hair transplant - where single hairs are taken from the back and inserted in the blank spots.

In most cases the type of high hairline you describe would need to be treated surgically to bring the hair forward with what is called a scalp advancement lift. It is sometimes called a brow lift but instead of moving your hairline back the scalp hair is brought forward and closed with a Trchophytic Closure described by a plastic surgeon in Beverley Hills, Dr Toby Ayers. In doing this closure you hairs grow through the scar and it does no look as if it was a surgical scar at all.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>