Hair Loss/hair loss

Question
good day dr.i am 27 old female .since 1 month i started to have hair loss especially in the early morning .it is a moderate amount .i had a good heath i was dx as hypothyriod on thyroxine 5o micro daily.eating well .not pregnant but planning to so on folic acid 5mg daily .

Answer
The most common type of hair loss that causes excessive shedding is telogen effluvium. The hair growth cycle is very sensitive. Any type of change, disturbance or imbalance that the body has a difficult time adjusting to, can disrupt the normal hair growth cycle causing telogen effluvium to occur.  Think back to the months preceding your hair loss for clues. Was there any new medication, medical procedure, extreme stress, change in diet, illness, infection, etc?  With acute telogen effluvium when the body heals from (or adjusts to) the recent change or disturbance, the hair growth cycle will restore to normal. With acute telogen effluvium the increased shedding lasts less than six months. When the shedding lasts more than six months the condition is considered chronic-- indicating an internal imbalance that needs to be identified and corrected.
Feel free to send additional information if you would like me to help you further.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig