Hair Loss/Hair loss

Question
Hi Sir,

i shifted from Northern India to southern part of country. Since then I am experiencing hair fall. I visited an ayurvedic doctor who advised me 'dhatrilauh' and 'shatavari' for few days along with bhringamalkadi hair oil, but no effect was there.
After that I shifted to bangalore, where I again met one of the ayurvedic doctors here, who advised me-
1. Thikthakam Kashyam, Drakshadi kshyayam and kasmadudha ras (for 2 weeks)
2. Drakshadi Kashayam, Sukumaram Kashayam, sutashekhara ras (for 2 weeks)
but again there isn't much improvement
I have dandruff also and my hairs are getting thinner. Please suggest. i am really concerned about this. What should I do

Warm regards,
Eshaan

Answer
Dandruff does not cause hair loss. you most likely male pattern hair loss. There are only two products that have been shown to be effective for this type of hair loss. One product is topical minoxidil and the other is oral finasteride. However, once you stop the treatment all the hair that was stopped from falling out will now fall out. Thus, you need to use these medications for the rest of your life.

Hair Loss

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>