Hair Loss/Hair Loss

Hello Dr. Nikolaou

About a year ago I began to develop bumps on my scalp and my hair began to break and fallout. The hair loss started at the crown of my head and spread from there. I am smoker. I also have a history of psoriasis, hyper tension and I'm currently going through menopause and dealing with work stress. I have been using Neutrogena T/SAl scalp build up control 3% Salicylic Acid and Garnier Fructis Fall Fight Shampoo as well as deep conditioners and perms. Would you please offer your insight on how to stop my hair loss? I have included two photos one before my hair loss and one taken today. Thank you in advance for your time and response.

Hello Pixie,

I would hat I would like to correct you in that I am NOT a medical Dr. but haave worked in the field of Hair loss for 24 years. EVERYTHING you mentioned can most definitely contribute to abnormal hair loss.  I know it is difficult to do but please TRY to minimize the smoking, stress, etc.  Also note that Leave in conditioners, treatments and oils contribute to the problems by clogging the pores.  Perms DEFINITELY cause damage to the hair and make it very brittle!  Regular scalp massages, daily vitamins minerals (with Amino Acids) and regular thorough Shampooing will all help as well.

Good Luck!

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou

Questions Pertaining to Hair Loss; Hair Growth Rates; Unwanted Hair and most Hair related issues, for both men and women. Issues that pertain to causes, possible solutions, etc.

Over 20 years in the Study, Manufacture and Marketing of Non Drug/non medicinal or procedural Solutions to Hair Related issues.

President of Nisim International. Over 2 decades of working with many Top Tier Researchers and Scientists in developing some of the World's most effective and Safe Products for Hair.

Well known Hair Care Brands sold in over 40 Countries World Wide, both Professionally and at Retail.