Hair Loss/Seborrheic Dermatitis Hair Loss

Question
Regarding the question I asked before, it was very knowledgeable.
I do have one more question though. With experiencing hair loss with this condition, would 3 years of having it be enough to cause any permanent damage to my hair follicles once the hair has fallen out? This has been burning on my mind for months now. I am experiencing a little regrowth right now, but had to stop using my olux foam as of yesterday, I noticed a few pimple like bumps on my scalp, so I'm trying to rule out if it were the olux or something else, the bumps aren't painful unless I brush over them, it isn't widespread, it's just a couple of areas on my scalp, like my crown, one on my sides, and a couple near my hairline. A couple of the spots are starting to heal, but it bothers me. My dermatologist wants me to use it daily, but the possible side effects I'm experiencing are scaring me. I don't want to go through anymore hair loss than I already have. I'm just praying my hair grows back, I'm tired of feeling like I'm fighting a battle I can't win. It's taken a toll on my mental health a bit, and my already low self-esteem. I'm glad it's not noticeable to other people, but it still bothers me a lot. Generally how long does it take for hair to grow back once this condition is controlled?

Answer
Hi Mandy,

I sympathize with your situation.You are almost in a No Win situation with the Prescription items being used.  It is typically 3-6 months before one can really gauge a turn around and stronger , healthier Hair Growth. If you are still at a crossroad with all of this in a few months, please return to this forum and provide me an email or phone # to discuss further.

Good Luck!

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou