Hair Loss/Topical dht inhibitor

Question
QUESTION: Hello Dr Peter. Dr Peter I recently took ur suggestion on oral finsteride and oral dutasteride. Sir along with finisteride and dutasteride i was willing to add any topical dht inhibitor .Sir i have found one topical spray . Here is its link

http://maxitechpharma.com/images/gallery/Hair%20growth/hair-growth-b1.jpg

Sir what is your opinion on the above spray? Will it be beneficial in male pattern baldness? Its ingredients are 0.1% hydrolyzed elastin, 0.5% provitamin B5, 3% vitamin B6 and 3% Zinc.

Minoxidil 5% I m already using

ANSWER: I can see where the zinc may be helpful as zinc inhibits the enzyme which makes DHT . I can see nothing about it that should hurt using it. I have never used or recommended it so I have no experience with that lotion.
I recommend patients use a 2% zinc shampoo ( DHS zinc ) which may achieve the same result without having to add a lotion.

QUESTION: Thankyou Dr Peter. Dr Peter 1 more thing i want to ask that as i told u that i have started taking finisteride 1mg daily from november 2014 and now after 3 months in feb 2015 i will start adding avodart 0.5 gradually i.e 1 avodart 0.5mg  once a week for a month and then 2 avodart 0.5mg a week for the next month and will continue this same protocol i.e 1mg finisteride 5 days a week and 0.5mg avodart 2 days a week for the rest of the months, but sir this protocol will not make my hairloss worse na because of adding avodart? I have lost hairline and temples  and can also see the thinning behind the hairline and temples?

Another thing is that if a person gets any sexual side effect by adding 2 avodarts per week with 5 finisteride 1mg per week, so if he stops taking avodart so will the sexual side effect will disappear?

ANSWER: 2 questions-

1.Q. this protocol will not make my hairloss worse na because of adding avodart?
 A. NO

2.Q if he stops taking avodart so will the sexual side effect will disappear?
 A. As I wrote in a previous answer, Dutasteride has a 5 week half life so it might take 3 months before the side effects disappear. This is the reason for lowering the level slowly by adding Avodart slowly to your treatment program. Finasteride has a 6 hour half life and the side effects can disappear in a week or so.

QUESTION: Sir ,what are your views on mesotherapy/dermarolling with dermaheal HL cocktail. Does it helps in male pattern baldness? Apart from this which topical dht inhibitor you recommend? And sir does minoxidil 5% causes weight gain?

Answer
I have no experience in mesotherapy/dermarolling with dermaheal HL cocktail and would prefer not to comment on their use.

I have mentioned the use of zinc pyrithione and ketoconizole shampoos as a way to lower DHT.

Minoxidil does not cause weight gain.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>