Hair Loss/Thinning hair and rash

Hello, I have been experiencing a rash and thinning hair for almost 2 years. Finally got into see a dermatologist and he did biopsy and results are lichen planopilaris.  I am 57 year old menopausal female .

What can you tell me about treatment and prognosis . Thank you, w are

Hello Please describe the extent and pattern of your hair loss. Lichen planopilaris is a form of scarring alopecia. Treatment usually involves keeping the condition from spreading to surrounding follicles.  You may reply here with more information about your condition or you may reply to my email address at
Sincerely, Melanie VZ

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Female hair loss is my main focus. Women today are very susceptible to several types of hair loss including telogen effluvium, alopecia areata, and androgenetic alopecia. I can answer questions about the causes and types of female hair loss. I can share information about natural holistic remedies to improve female hair loss conditions.

My interest in female hair loss sprung from my own experience with extensive hair loss. Determined to grow my hair back, I diligently studied every piece of information I could find on the biology of hair growth. After successfully re-growing my hair with safe and effective natural products, I felt compelled to learn more and to share this information with other women. I am experienced in blending custom hair loss formulas. I am also experienced in writing about female hair loss issues.

My hair loss information has been included in The Truth about Womens Hair Loss by Spencer Kobren, Naturally Healthy Skin by Stephanie Tourles, Alternative Healing by Bill Gottleib and Natural Health Magazine. I am the author of several books on hair loss.

I am a certified aromatherapist specializing in formulas for scalp and hair conditions.