Hair Loss/Thinning hair and rash

Question
Hello, I have been experiencing a rash and thinning hair for almost 2 years. Finally got into see a dermatologist and he did biopsy and results are lichen planopilaris.  I am 57 year old menopausal female .

What can you tell me about treatment and prognosis . Thank you, w are

Answer
Hello Please describe the extent and pattern of your hair loss. Lichen planopilaris is a form of scarring alopecia. Treatment usually involves keeping the condition from spreading to surrounding follicles.  You may reply here with more information about your condition or you may reply to my email address at vz1@verizon.net
Sincerely, Melanie VZ

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig