Hair Loss/Facial Hair growth

Question
Hi I am 28 years old male. I grow a very thin beard at this age. Hairs are there at cheeks, chin, but they are not dense enough to grow a proper and noticable beard. Please help me out how can i grow thick hairs and at a faster rate.

Answer
Hair growth patterns on the face are inherited as is the rate at which they begin to grow.

If you are showing normal male hair growth elsewhere on your body then this is probably an inherited characteristic. If you are slow in getting body hair then you should consult your doctor to find out if you have normal testosterone levels.

If you have normal hormone levels and a very thin beard the only medical treatment to make the hairs slightly denser would be to apply 5% minoxidil to the area. This is of only little help.

Thin beards and mustaches have been made thicker using hair transplants and the results are very good.
 Consult a hair transplant surgeon in your area. You may want to find one who is a member of the ISHRS =  International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>