Hair Loss/Regarding Telogen effluvium

Greetings Doctor,

I m living in Saudia Arabia on work visa and I m suffering from telogen effluvium.Yes i did gone through a very tough diet for weight loss 3-4 months ago but during this time I also moved to another city where water is very salty compared to my previous city and people here say that water is the reason for my problem.

Now I want to know what is the actual reason for my problem, diet or water for daily use.Does water too causes telogen effluvium? Kindly answer.

Dear Zeeshan,

It is impossible to say what "the cause" is for your hair loss without a proper Doctor exam to determine this.  Diet can definitely be a cause and water can also play a big part (both from regular ingestion and topical use /Washing).  Please have your Thyroid and Hormonal levels checked.

Good Luck.

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou

Questions Pertaining to Hair Loss; Hair Growth Rates; Unwanted Hair and most Hair related issues, for both men and women. Issues that pertain to causes, possible solutions, etc.

Over 20 years in the Study, Manufacture and Marketing of Non Drug/non medicinal or procedural Solutions to Hair Related issues.

President of Nisim International. Over 2 decades of working with many Top Tier Researchers and Scientists in developing some of the World's most effective and Safe Products for Hair.

Well known Hair Care Brands sold in over 40 Countries World Wide, both Professionally and at Retail.