Hair Loss/Normal shampoo

Question
QUESTION: Hello Dr Peter,

Doctor , if I am taking finisteride and avodart, and using a serum containing zinc 1% for my AGA, so along with these things if i just want to use any NORMAL shampoo like JOHNSON BABY SHAMPOO , so can I use it and will it be fine? Or is it compulsory to use a zinc pyrithione shampoo, however I m already using a serum containing zinc 1%

ANSWER: Yes you can do quite well with just the oral medications and using any shampoo to keep the scalp clean. I personally like the zinc shampoos either 1 or 2 % zinc pyrithione.

QUESTION: Sir If some one is using minoxidil for around 4-5 months for AGA and if now he STOPS using minoxidil so will minoxidil cause shedding?

Which peptides does procrinex lotion contains? Can you tel me the name of peptides?

ANSWER: Yes when you stop using Minoxidil the hairs which were kept alive by Minoxidil will then fall out after a month of discontinuing the lotion.  The stimulation of the weak hairs  by minoxidil is what kept many of those hairs alive. So, it is natural for them to revert back to their last dying days with a shed about 4 to 6 weeks after stopping.
As far as the list of ingredients of the Procrinix lotion all I can tell you is it is a mix of several plant peptides and the biochemist who has made it for me does not want me to give out his formua.

QUESTION: Dr Peter, I do not want to stop using minoxidil but the problem is that i get some itching on scalp by using minoxidil, so what shall I do this in this case? Although I am taking finisteride and dutasteride

Answer
IF you are taking both Finasteride and Dutasteride as we have discussed then you are doing a great job of protecting the hairs from DHT.
Minoxidil may keep some of the weak hairs alive but if you are irritating the scalp enough to cause redness and itchiness there is also a possibility you could be accelerating your loss by injuring some of the hairs.
This is your choice to make.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>