Hair Loss/Zinc pyrithion and ketoconazole

Question
QUESTION: 1) Dr Peter can zinc pyrithion 1% and ketoconazole 2% shampoo cause irritation to the scalp?

2) If one wish to choose to take 1mg finsiteride 6 days a week and 0.5mg avodart once a week and just continue  1mg finsiteride 6 days a week and 0.5mg avodart for several years in order to inhibit 72% DHT and preseve hair, so can he do so? Or will it be necessary to inhibit more DHT by adding more avodart?

ANSWER: 1) Yes,zinc pyrithion 1% and ketoconazole 2% shampoo can cause irritation to the scalp in less than 1% of people. It is rare.

2) You will have to take it several years to find out. I can not predict the future results several years from now but 90% of patients would do fine on lowering the DHT by 72%.

QUESTION: So sir if zinc pyrithion 1% and ketoconazole 2% shampoo cause irritation to the scalp then what to do? Shall we stop using it or continue using it?

Can we crush 5mg finisteride pill and mix it in revivogen scalp therapy serum and then use it? Will it be effective?

On your hairdoc web you have mentioned about procrinix lotion , but I could not find its website or any information of the product on the google

Answer
1)If you are getting an irritation from a shampoo then stop it and use another brand. It may be the perfume or some other ingredient causing the reaction. If you still are getting an irritation then use Revivogen Shampoo
2)Yes you can crush the pill and add it to the Revivogen lotion-and yes it will be effective. I doubt you will be able to find Procrinix lotion as it is made in small quantities for a few dermatologists.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>