Hair Loss/Followup - Dr Peter on gynecomastia

Question
QUESTION: Dr Peter, if I just take out the powder of avodart capsules and mix it with minoxidil 60ml lotion or revivogen 60ml lotion, and apply this mixture to scalp , so will I get benefit of avodart in topical form? Also avodart in topical form will not affect serum dht levels, and will just affect scalp dht levels so there would not be any risk of getting gynecomastia na?

ANSWER: That is correct. If you apply it directly to the scalp very it will work on the hairs with very little absorption into the bloodstream and therefore will not affect the blood DHT levels and will not add the risk of gynecomastia.

QUESTION: Thankyou Doctor. Sir does gynecomastia increase male breast cancer risk?

ANSWER: NO.

http://breastcancer.about.com/od/types/p/gynecomastia.htm
"It is not considered to increase a man's risk of developing male breast cancer."

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancerinmen/detailedguide/breast-cancer-in-me
What are the risk factors for breast cancer in men?
A dozen categories are listed such as Aging, Family history, Gene mutations, Alcohol, Liver Disease, ...
but not Gynecomastia

QUESTION: Thankyou. Sir do you think in future any such topical/oral/injectable can come which can create new hairfollicles on scalp ?

Answer
It is not possible for a pill or lotion to create a new hair follicle in an area where they have grown old and became scarred down to nothing.

It will be another ten years before we can inject cells or make tiny slits and deposit a cell which can grow a new hair.  

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>