Hair Loss/Followup Dr Peter Panagotacos- Betamethasone lotion

Question
Dr Peter in the last email you said

"I would mix this lotion half and half with alcohol and add one Proscar to mix. That will give you a lotion which is very similar to what I have used which is applied twice a day."

Here you mean to say that I shall take 30ml betamethasone valerate 0.1% lotion and mix in it 30 ml alcohol and 1 crushed proscar tablet?

OR, do you mean to say that I shall take 60ml betamethasone valerate 0.1% lotion and mix in it 30 ml alcohol and 1 crushed proscar tablet?

What is the reason of adding alcohol in betamethasone valerate 0.1% lotion?

Answer
You do not need a full .1% betamethasone valerate if you apply it twice a day. So if you dilute it by half you can add the Proscar tablet to the final mixture. It doesn't matter if it is 60 ml betamethasone mixed with 40 or 60 ml alcohol. If you dilute it 60/ 40 you will end up with 100 ml and one tablet of Proscar is adequate and this lotion can be applied twice a day.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>