Hair Loss/Injecting dutasteride and finisteride

Question
QUESTION: Hello

Some People inject dutasteride and finisteride topical prepartions in scalp or penetrate it with the use of dermaroller. In your opinion does it work for male pattern baldness?

ANSWER: I do not do that treatment. I find applying the medications as a lotion to be adequate .

QUESTION: Sir if we use minoxidil for 7-8 months for male pattern baldness and then quit using it, so we know there would be shed , so such shed would be a telogen effluvium and the hair pull test would be positive?

Answer
Yes, there may be a temporary shed of Telogen hairs called a Telogen Effluvium which should be a minimal increase over the normal 100 hairs lost daily. This should also be temporary with a pull test which may be positive for a couple of weeks.

Some patients do not experience this TE after only 7 months of use.  

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>