Hair Loss/Followup

Question
QUESTION: Dr Peter instead of using Revivogen and Finasteride lotion seperatley, if I do like this that in 60 ml Revivogen lotion I crush and mix 30 mg Proscar tablets (i.e 6 Proscar 5mg tablets), so in this way In same revivogen lotion I would also be getting benefit of finasteride lotion 0.05%, so would my this trick work and would both Revivogen and Finasteride be effective in this way? What is your opinion?

ANSWER: It may work well IF you can get it into solution without it precipitating out then let me know what your results are after 6 months of use.

QUESTION: Sir in your opinion what would be a better option i.e Either a) to use revivogen and Finasteride 0.05% lotion separately OR b) To mix finasteride tablets in revivogen lotion?

Answer
IF you can mix the finasteride into the Revivogen then you have the benefit of both with just one application. The problem may be that it will become supersaturated and not go in solution. Try it out and let me know. If it doesn't go into solution then you will have to apply them as two separate solutions perhaps one over the other or one in the AM and the other in the PM - It should be more effective applying one over the other but that becomes a lot more work and could get messy. So see what happens when you try to dissolve the finasteride into the existing Revivogen.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>