Hair Loss/hair patches

Question
Hi there im marilyn 30 years old and i just wantend to ask about my hair patches.its been 3mos already since i notice my hair patches and its kinda alarming because its getting bigger everytime. I think i have 5 hair patches already but i notice now that there are tiny hairs growing. but still a lot of hair are losing. Whats wrong with me? Is this some kind of a serious thing? How will i treat this?
Hoping for your quick response. Thanks a lot!

Answer
Alopecia areata is the most common type of hair loss that causes bald patches. Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disorder that targets hair follicles, causing hair loss in the form of smooth, round bald patches. There are other variations of alopecia areata that cause more extensive hair loss. With alopecia areata the follicles remain alive so there is always a good chance of regrowth--as you are noticing with new hair already growing in. You ask "is this some kind of a serious thing?" Alopecia areata is not life-threatening, but it is an indication that the immune system is out-of-balance.
Treatment involves calming and balancing the immune system and identifying and eliminating any "triggers". Common triggers include environmental or food allergens/sensitivities, medications, toxins, inflammation, trauma, emotional stress, etc. Thinking back to the months preceding the hair loss may provide clues. Persons with autoimmune conditions must practice extreme self-care in order to avoid future episodes. Essential oil scalp treatments have been used successfully for person with alopecia areata.
There are other types of hair loss that can mimic alopecia areata so it is important to get a proper diagnosis.
Please let me know if I can help you further.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig