Hair Loss/Hairloss and Hair system

Question
QUESTION: Hi Dr Peter

Sir if one wants to wear hair system for 8-10 months then which attachment used would be best in order to avoid/minimize traction alopecia/hairloss/infection?

ANSWER: There are clips which snap onto the hairs and can be removed at night. This allows for the least traction and also for cleaner scalps.

QUESTION: Dr Peter some doctors are of the opinion that medicines such as Propecia and Avodart are not cure for genetic hairloss. These medicines cannot halt genetic hairloss for lifelong, these medicines can just slow down the progression of genetic hairloss. What is your opinion on it?

Answer
It depends on the degree of baldness which is inherited. If it is extreme baldness then even small amounts of DHT will still result in thinning or baldness. An example of that is to simply look at women who have inherited extreme baldness patterns. They do not have much DHT but still get thin as they get older. Avodart will stop baldness in over 95% of men.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>