Hair Loss/Medroxyprogesterone Acetate

Question
QUESTION: Hi Dr Peter

Sir what is your opinion on use of Medroxyprogesterone Acetate lotion for AGA?

ANSWER: It works and is sometimes used as a 0.5% solution for treating AGA and in some cases is mixed with Finasteride 0.05% in the same solution.

QUESTION: So Sir if I am making a finasteride 0.05% lotion by dissolving 50mg finasteride in 90ml Isopropyl alcohol 70% and 10ml glycerine. So in such solution how much Medroxyprogesterone Acetate shall I mix? In a country where I live, here Medroxyprogesterone Acetate is available in 250mg and 500mg tablets.

ANSWER: If 50 mg of Finasteride in 100ml gives you a 0.05% solution then 500 mg of Medroxyprogesterone Acetate will give you a 0.5% solution.

Simply add one 500 mg tablet to the mix.

QUESTION: 1) Sir can AGA be completely stopped for lifelong?

2) Will Finasteride and Medroxyprogesterone Acetate combination lotion will be more effective than Revivogen lotion?

Answer
1) No, AGA can not be stopped completely. In some people it may seem as though it stopped completely but we all lose some hair to just age.
This has been called Senile Alopecia or Senescent Alopecia which refers to hair dying just from age and not genetic AGA.
2) Yes.  

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>