Hair Loss/SPIRIT

Question
QUESTION: Hello

Sir Isopropyl rubbing alcohol 70% is also known as spirit na?

ANSWER: Yes , you can refer to Isopropyl alcohol as a such. "Spirits" can be defined as an alcoholic beverage that is distilled rather than fermented.
 Ethanol is usually the alcohol referred to in that way.

QUESTION: Sir what is your opinion on stemoxydine for AGA?

Answer
I have never used it and know nothing about it other than what I read in a report online:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4158624/
O 11: Stemoxydine, a Hair Kenogen Phase Shortener, Leading to Increased Hair Density
Stemoxydine® 5% hydro-alcoholic lotion was assessed versus vehicle using the phototrichogram technique (PTG).

In the three studies, after 3 month treatment, the results showed a significant increase in hair density with Stemoxydine® 5% versus vehicle, without any difference in telogen percentage.

1a) Stemoxydine®+ 4.5% versus control -0.3% (p = 0.04)

1b) Stemoxydine® + 11% versus control + 7% (p = 0.029)

2) Stemoxydine® + 8% versus control + 4% (p = 0.036)

Additionally, a significant decrease (p = 0.02) in the percentage of hair in kenogen phase was found in study 1.b) where a PTG follow-up was monthly performed. No skin intolerance was recorded in any of these 3 studies. This converging data suggests that, in AGA, Stemoxydine® could act as a hair kenogen phase shortener, leading to an increase in visible scalp hair density.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>