Hair Loss/Topical lotion

Question
QUESTION: Hi, Dr Panagotacos

1)If one cannot take Propecia because of some side effects, then what shall he use/apply in order to preserve his hair from AGA?

2) Between revivogen lotion and Finasteride lotion ( i.e proscar tablets crushed and mixed in Isopropyl alcohol), which 1 will be a better option to use?

ANSWER: If you can not take finsasteride by mouth then a topical lotion would seem to be your next best choice.
I think a topical finasteride alcoholic solution may be more beneficial than Revivogen but no one has done studies to prove this one way or the other.

QUESTION: 1) Sir instead of using revivogen lotion daily, can one use finasteride lotion and revivogen lotion alternate days? E.g

Mon Revivogen lotion
Tue Finasteride lotion
Wed Revivogen lotion
Thur Finasteride lotion
and so on. What both lotions work in this way?

2) If someone have male breast cancer gene then will using finasteride LOTION would increase his male breast cancer risk?

3) Will finasteride lotion cause gynecomastia and breast pain?

ANSWER: 1) There should be benefit from both lotions but finasteride only has a short half life of about 6 hours and therefore would best be used daily.

2) There would not be enough systemic effect from rubbing a lotion on the head to affect the breast cancer genes.

3) not likely.

QUESTION: 1)Sir but makers of revivogen says to use the revivogen lotion daily. Is it compulsory to use it daily? Even if I use it alternate days, won't it  work?

2)Can using revivogen and finasteride LOTION ,WITHOUT using oral finasteride, halt male pattern baldness ?

Answer
Yes it will work but not as well as if you used it daily. That is true for both lotions so if you alternate them you will be diluting the effect of one when you add the other. It should work well despite the instructions.

The topical lotions do not work as well as the oral medication.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>