Hair Loss/Hair loss at an early

Question
QUESTION: Hello there!!
I have been suffering hair loss for the past two years. I am 19 years old now. By my age, my dad had almost completely lost his hair. I have been applying Regaine and started in 1.5 years ago. I did she results initially as new hair did regrow and the hair that I already had also had very good growth. Recently, in the past few months by hair fall has been more prominent and eventhough I though I had stopped applying Regaine temporarily, I have started to use it more frequently now (twice a day). I also have vitamin tablets and also tablets that promote good hair growth and also use shampoo 3 times a week. I have this rashy feeling on my sides on the scalp but I don;t think it has much to with my hair fall. However, my hair just keeps falling? Am I doing something wrong and also what is the reason for that rashy feeling on the sides?

ANSWER: Hello Rajdeep,

Did you get a prescription from a Dr. for the Rogaine or obtain it via the internet?  If through a Dr. please consult with them for best results.  Not all drugs work for everyone and many times one can build up a tolerance , or even a reaction to certain drugs.  If you have not seen a physician, please do so and get your Thyroid checked. You can probably shampoo more frequently (depending on level of sweating and oily levels of the scalp and hair). It is almost impossible to say what could be causing the "Rashy feeling" but it may be a reaction to one or more of the ingredients in the Supplements or topical Products that you are using.

Best Regards.

QUESTION: I did get the prescription of Rogaine after consulting a dermatologist. I don't have Thyroid. I shampoo 3 times a week.

Answer
I would suggest following up with your Dermatologist for a personal assessment.  When shampooing, do not be afraid to shampoo more often if need be.  Daily washing is fine!  Also ensure that you are rinsing with hot water at all times and very thoroughly.  Daily scalp massages will also help to increase blood flow to the scalp and help keep your hair healthy.

Best of Luck.  

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou