Hair Loss/RENOKN

Question
Hello Dr Peter

There is a topical by the name of Renokin. Its a korean brand.They claim that Renokin creates a hair placode which ultimately leads to the formation of new hair follicle.
Here is the link:
http://www.renokin.com/index.php?pgname=home/sub_composition
What is your opinion on it?

Answer
There has been a lot of research and development on hair restoration in Korea. The three peptides listed do help stimulate a hair follicle to grow BUT the term "hair placode" implies that this lotion can create new hair follicles. There is no such lotion which can do that. The other ingredients are designed to help the hair grow but those ingredients  have been around for a long time and have not been proven to do much good. My opinion is that in some patients there may be some help using this lotion but I  can not recommend it as being better than Rogaine.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>