Hair Loss/thinning hair and eyebrows

Question
hello, I a 55 year old menopausal woman. Over the past year I have felt my hair thinning especially front bang area and part. I also have been experiencing itchiness and dryness in the front about the size of a loonie. I am also experiencing thinning eyebrows to the point where I have a gap in one side . I have seen a dermatologist but he only recommended  a prescription foam , sorry don't recall the name, I have read could be thyroid issues but have never been told I have a problem thyroid, I have been taking biotin,

As a side, I Have never had a lot of body hair but always had fine, but full hair and decent brows. I am getting anxious about all this and I'm side it's not helping the situation, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Answer
Hello Cindy,

I would suggest a blood test to check your thyroid and also for any Hormonal /Vitamin imbalances.

Also mention to your Dr. any Drugs you may be taking (possible side effects).  Any substantial changes in diet or increase in stress levels can also contribute to this problem.

Hope this Helps.

Good Luck.  

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou