Hair Loss/Hair Thinning

Question
Hi Peter,

I am 38 years old and to be honest noticed thinning around 6 or 7 years ago but still have hair to cut so not really took notice of it, just had it a lot shorter over the last few years.

It is only when i captured a video of myself (from above) noticed how bad my hair was thinning really bald around the crown (hair over the top but really light areas).

Obviously we have to live with this but my bone structure and skull shape I don't think would suit being bald (as i would rather shave it all off if it becomes any worse!)

Submitted a top level photo to you but if you have you any advice?  You will see a bit at the front that's been there since i was young (doctors say it was my birth mark!)

Thank you.

Pete

Answer
Dear Peter,
   There was no photo attached. If you resend it at in a lower resolution it may come through. You could also mail it to me at Peter@HairDoc.com
 The standard therapy for a 38 year old man who has begun to show signs of male pattern baldness is to take 1mg Finasteride daily- on market since 1998 as Propecia. This will stop balding in 85% of men and most of them notice an increase in density of hair in 6 to 12 months.
 You can read about that and Rogaine = minoxidil therapy - a crutch for ailing hairs and not really cure by clicking on the following links on my website. www.hairdoc.com

http://www.hairdoc.com/hair-loss-answers/

Page 68 in my book "Hair Loss Answers"

http://www.hairdoc.com/book/Chapter_09_hair_loss_answers.pdf

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>