Hair Loss/Re: Image

Question
ImageB1
ImageB1  
Sorry Peter,

I just forgot to attach!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!I tried your email address bit it failed. Sorry so have to add this way.

thank you,

Pete

Answer
I got the photo this time. You have lost 50% of your existing hair. You can not see the scalp in someone until they lose 50%. If you loss has been primarily in recent years then you can expect a good response to 1mg Finasteride - my guess is you will see enough increase in density by end of this year that the scalp would not be visible
In 1993 I began giving my patients 1mg finasteride capsules I had made from the 5 mg Proscar pills made by Merck to treat enlarged prostate glands. I had 500 men taking it for five years before Propecia came to market. Of the 500 men 9 told me they had an increase in sex drive and only one man stopped the pill due to erectile dysfunction. In the studies done for the FDA Merck found 1 in 400 men stopped due to ED. It is interesting to note that 2% of the men taking the placebo sugar pill said the pill they were given caused ED. Don't believe all the negative stuff you may read in online blogs. Double blind scientific studies published in medical journals state it is a very safe medication.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>