Hair Loss/Fosamax and hair loss

Question
Can fosamax cause hair loss? I've been reading that it can be a side effect of this and similar meds. Thanks!

Answer
I have never seen a case of hair loss due to fosamax.  It is not listed as a possible side effect in Litt's Drug Eruption and Reaction Manual.
In a listing of side effect published by the Mayo Clinic the incidence is listed a less common than those in the rare category.
www.mayoclinic.org/.../alendronate-and.../side-effects/drg-20073984
So - in short the answer is no, it does not cause hair loss ( except is some rare unreported case)

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>