Hair Loss/Propranolol causing hair loss

Question
Hi. I am in propranolol 10mg bid, for essential tremor. Although my tremor is better, I have noticed my hair is thinning quit a bit. I have read that is common side effect of Propranolol. Is there anything I can do besides stopping the medicine to halt the hair loss. Thank you.
Holly Rosas

Answer
Hello Holly,

this is most likely a temporary side effect of the drug and the effects should rectify once you stop taking the drug.  An option to look into would be to see the Doctor that prescribed the drug for you and see what alternative drug(s) might be available for your treatment that may NOT have this side effect.

Best of Luck.

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou