Hair Loss/hair regrowth

hii.i am 20yrs and a female from India.I used to have thick and dense hair in my childhood and in my teens.At the age of 15,i literally scratched my head during winters due to dandruff(though i don't have severe dandruff issue).My mom first noticed a small bald patch just above my hair line and u can actually see my scalp through it.Then i stopped doing it. Then after one year.. i went to a different place to study..and started experiencing hairfall. and my hair density greatly reduced..less than half what i originally had in my teenage.(more hairloss from top part than the back of my head).i moved back to my hometown and my hairloss has stopped.It's been 3 yrs since i moved,my hairfall has stopped.but still my hair density is low(scanty hair on my head but individual hair strands are thick ).And the bald patch is still present above my hair line.i have not seen any noticeable hair growth/regrowth in that patch.
it is really embarrassing when people tell me about that patch on my head. i want to regrow my hair but it doesn't seen to grow. is my hair follicle damaged?can i regrow it back?is there any natural way? AND the scalp is not shiny in that bald is present but are very less.what can i do?

The most common type of hair loss that causes a smooth round bald patch is alopecia areata. Alopecia areata does not destroy the follicle so regrowth can, and often does occur. There are other possible, less common causes of bald patch. If the patch is in the area that you scratched, it could be due to that, especially if you scratched hard, often and consistently on a prolonged basis. It is possible to damage follicles from excessive, prolonged scratching in same area. A scalp biopsy would give you a more clear picture of the cause and type of bald patch. Essential oil scalp treatments are often very effective for the bald patches of alopecia areata.
The other hair fall you experienced when you left home may have been teogen effluvium. Telogen effluvium causes excessive shedding in a diffuse manner. You may have experienced a temporary, self-correcting form of telogen effluvium.
Essential oil scalp treatments have been effective for re-growing hair in the bald patches of alopecia areata. I do think it is important to get a proper diagnosis. Using powdered hair concealer over the spot can help cover it so you may have some relief from the embarrassment you feel.
Please let me know if I can help you further.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Female hair loss is my main focus. Women today are very susceptible to several types of hair loss including telogen effluvium, alopecia areata, and androgenetic alopecia. I can answer questions about the causes and types of female hair loss. I can share information about natural holistic remedies to improve female hair loss conditions.

My interest in female hair loss sprung from my own experience with extensive hair loss. Determined to grow my hair back, I diligently studied every piece of information I could find on the biology of hair growth. After successfully re-growing my hair with safe and effective natural products, I felt compelled to learn more and to share this information with other women. I am experienced in blending custom hair loss formulas. I am also experienced in writing about female hair loss issues.

My hair loss information has been included in The Truth about Womens Hair Loss by Spencer Kobren, Naturally Healthy Skin by Stephanie Tourles, Alternative Healing by Bill Gottleib and Natural Health Magazine. I am the author of several books on hair loss.

I am a certified aromatherapist specializing in formulas for scalp and hair conditions.