Hair Loss/Generics

Question
Hi Dr. I've been using CVS pharmacy for my generic 1mg finasteride the last few months (at $60 for 30 day supply) and I just discovered that Costco has generic finasteride for only $10 for 30 day supply. The generics are from different companies though. Should I make the obvious change to Costco or have you heard of weaker generics out there and I should stay with CVS (which supplies me the generic from Accord Healthcare)?  The Costco generic is from Aurobindo pharmaceutical apparently. Thank you sir.

Answer
Almost all generics are equal. There should be no difference in how it works. I would buy the cheaper medication at Costco. Costco usually has the cheapest prices across the US.
Almost all the generics are made in India. Accord Healthcare is simply the distributor.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>