Hair Loss/Massive hair fall after rebonding

QUESTION: I have curly hairs....I had rebonding on 14 feb. 2016, in starting it was normal the texture and hairfall but since i had done oiling with extra virgin olive oil after 2 months of hairs are falling like oh my god....i had tried spa mask of matrix but they are of no use in case of hair fall...and they are still falling from roots as 300strands/ hair got thin....i am afraid that i will get bald....if my hair doesnt stop falling...they are coming out of my roots like i have wore a wig.. please sir help can i stop my hair from falling..? please suggest me....and also i had curly hair my hair growth is also very slow.

ANSWER: Hello: Although many women have good results from rebonding, it is not uncommon for hair loss and breakage to occur. I've heard from many women who have had severe hair loss or breakage after rebonding due to the harsh chemicals and heat. Are you sure your hair is falling from the roots rather than breaking at scalp level? Have you ever had problems with hair loss previously?
Have you returned to the salon that performed the procedure for assistance. Did your scalp feel burned or irritated after rebonding? I would suggest letting the salon have a look at your scalp and hair to get an idea of what may have happened. It is important to determine if it is truly hair loss from roots rather than breakage. Please send me any additional information you receive so I may help you further.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig

QUESTION: Thank you for your answer before.
I visited salon after 2-3 days of my rebonding and i remembered they used loreal products for i did not feel burnt or irritated scalp...i m not sure but yes my hair are falling and they are of full lengths so i thought that it must been from roots....may be they are only falling from scalp...but it need to be stop...please help me...for my hair fall.

If the hairs are falling from the root they will have a tiny bulb at the tip nearest to scalp. If the hair broke off there will be no bulb. If the hair loss/breakage is due to the rebonding, as long as your scalp was not damaged the hairs that fell out (or broke off) should grow back. A professional scalp exam may help determine if there is any scalp damage or whether another problem exists.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Female hair loss is my main focus. Women today are very susceptible to several types of hair loss including telogen effluvium, alopecia areata, and androgenetic alopecia. I can answer questions about the causes and types of female hair loss. I can share information about natural holistic remedies to improve female hair loss conditions.

My interest in female hair loss sprung from my own experience with extensive hair loss. Determined to grow my hair back, I diligently studied every piece of information I could find on the biology of hair growth. After successfully re-growing my hair with safe and effective natural products, I felt compelled to learn more and to share this information with other women. I am experienced in blending custom hair loss formulas. I am also experienced in writing about female hair loss issues.

My hair loss information has been included in The Truth about Womens Hair Loss by Spencer Kobren, Naturally Healthy Skin by Stephanie Tourles, Alternative Healing by Bill Gottleib and Natural Health Magazine. I am the author of several books on hair loss.

I am a certified aromatherapist specializing in formulas for scalp and hair conditions.