Hair Loss/Hair loss causes and treatment.

Question
Hello Sir, I am 21 year old, female . I have been facing hair loss from last 6 months. It is falling out at tremendous amount. My health conditions are normal. My liver is functioning normally and I don't have thyroid too. I don't use any heating and styling products. Please let me know the cause, how can I stop it and how to regrow it back.

Answer
The most common type of hair loss that causes excessive shedding is telogen effluvium. With telogen effluvium the hair loss occurs fairly evenly throughout the scalp. There will not be any distinct bald patches or localized areas of thinning. Any type of change, disturbance or imbalance that the body has a difficult time coping with (or adjusting to) can cause telogen effluvium.  This would include recent illness, infection, food poisoning, medical or dental procedure, medications, vaccinations, birth control, trauma, extreme change in diet, stress, exposure to allergen, nutritional deficiency, medical disorder etc. When the shedding lasts more than six months the condition is considered chronic, meaning the underlying issue(s) must be determined and addressed in order for the hair growth cycle to return to normal.
Thinking back to the months prior to the shedding may provide clues.
Although the description of your hair loss has characteristics of telogen effluvium, it is important to have a proper diagnosis as other types of hair loss may be involved. Feel free to send more information if you would like me to help you further.
Sincerely, Melanie V

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig