Hair Loss/Hair fall due to water

Question
Hi, I am 28 years old male. I started facing hair loss problems 3-4 years back although it was not a drastic hair fall. I still have good quantity of hairs on my head, only little baldness is there in front. Recently i relocated to a new location, and here i am noticing hair fall again, and this time i feel its drastic. I can feel itching in my head. Here water quality is poor, i think it's heavy water and only because of that i am facing this problem. Please suggest what should i do please i am also getting married next month.
History: Since childhood i have silky hairs(thin hairs not very dense), my father and grandfather have never faced hair fall problems. My mother and sister also have good hairs, but even my mother facing hair fall since we have relocated.

Answer
Most of the time when I hear a patient say they are losing hair because they have moved somewhere which has different water and it is due to the water I have to explain that hairs grow one cm per month for about 5 years. When a hair decides to stop growing it gradually migrates up and falls out about a month later. Stress of moving to a new location is most likely the cause and not the water.
 In my book Hair Loss Answers-- which can be read for free online - in Chapter 4 I discuss loss due to stess:    Chapter 4 Other Hair Loss Causes
http://www.hairdoc.com/book/Chapter_04_hair_loss_answers.pdf
http://www.hairdoc.com/hair-loss-answers/

My suggestion is to use Rogaine Foam-- 5% minoxidil twice a day to strengthen the hairs during this period of stress.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>